USA: BIO Statement Regarding Taco Bell Taco Shell Recall From Supermarkets
Carl B. Feldbaum, president of the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) issued the following statement today on Kraft's recall of Taco Bell taco shells:"We agree with Kraft's precautionary recall, even given the fact that there is no evidence of adverse health effects. Confidence in the safety of all food products must be the first, indeed the only priority."The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, and Department of Agriculture have rigorous policies in place, which in this instance may have been violated-corn reviewed and approved for animal use may have entered a wholly inappropriate processing channel and ended up in taco shells. It is unclear how this occurred, but we must find out. Measures must be taken so this does not occur again. We will work with the FDA and other regulatory agencies to that end."BIO represents more than 900 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations in all 50 U.S. states and more than 27 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of health care, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.Kraft's statements and recommendations are available on their website:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review