UK: Biotech industry dismisses Prince Charles' GM concerns
Supporters of the biotechnology industry have played down the Prince of Wale's vociferous attack on genetically modified crops as out of touch with current legislation. With his Duchy Originals range of organic foods, the Prince has a vested interest in the GM debate and has been accused of being a mouthpiece for the organic lobby. The Prince called Tuesday for biotech firms to be made "liable" for any damage their crops caused.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Mead Johnson acquires Bega Cheese capacity
- Buffett: no back-up deal for Kraft Heinz
- Kraft Heinz "substantially undervalued" Unilever