INDONESIA: Bird flu rears its head again in Indonesia
Health officials in Indonesia have initiated a large-scale vaccination campaign after bird flu resurfaced.
Officials for the agricultural ministry said today [Wednesday] that as many as 300 million head of poultry will be vaccinated by farmers in a bid to prevent a new outbreak, following a resurgence of the disease in China, Thailand and Vietnam in recent weeks.
The strain of avian influenza discovered in Indonesia is the H5B1 strain that has also been identified in the other Southeast Asian countries affected in recent times.
No human cases have as yet been reported in the latest outbreak.
Russia's agriculture ministry said that the deadly bird flu virus had been found in a third Siberian province as officials began a mass cull to contain its spread and three ex-Soviet countries imposed...
Indonesia is to slaughter all chickens on farms hit by bird flu in an effort to halt the spread of the virus, the country's agriculture minister said today (Thursday), according to the Guardian newspa...
The key international organisations fighting bird flu have agreed a global strategy preventing the disease spreading worldwide and jumping species to humans....
The Philippines has discovered its first cases of bird flu with infected ducks being found in a town north of the capital, Manila, according to the BBC....
Malaysian poultry products are free of the avian influenza, according to internationally specified rules and codes, and countries should resume their imports without any hesitation, a government minis...
China denied it encouraged farmers to use a drug meant for humans to stop the spread of bird flu in poultry which could render the medicine useless, but said it would investigate, the AFP news agency ...
The first human case of bird flu was identified in Indonesia after a poultry worker tested positive this month, a World Health Organisation (WHO) official said todau (Thursday), reports the Reuters ne...
China's ministry of agriculture today (Thursday) confirmed a bird flu outbreak in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, saying the situation was under control, the Xinhua news agency reported....
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report