INDONESIA: Bird flu still a big problem for Indonesia
Bird flu is still ravaging Indonesian poultry production, according figures released by the Office International des Épizooties, the world animal health organisation.
They show producers culling millions of chickens across Java and south Celebes. From January, the OIE has noted 4.5 million susceptible fowl, sparking 333,000 culls.
Meanwhile, communist North Korea has - unusually - released detailed information on its bird flu outbreak, showing that it prefers vaccination against culls, with 1.1 million chickens receiving medicine, compared to 218,000 being killed.
The OIE has also reported Newcastle Disease amongst 35,000 chickens in central (Greek) Macedonia, 31,120 of which have been destroyed.
Recent weeks have seen further arguments between the US and Canada over beef, and between the US and Japan over beef. Disputes in which one side insists it's operating on food health grounds while the...
Russia's bird flu epidemic is subsiding and should disappear by late August, according to a World Health Organization official quoted by the Reuters news agency....
Russia's agriculture ministry said that the deadly bird flu virus had been found in a third Siberian province as officials began a mass cull to contain its spread and three ex-Soviet countries imposed...
Indonesia is to slaughter all chickens on farms hit by bird flu in an effort to halt the spread of the virus, the country's agriculture minister said today (Thursday), according to the Guardian newspa...
The key international organisations fighting bird flu have agreed a global strategy preventing the disease spreading worldwide and jumping species to humans....
The Philippines has discovered its first cases of bird flu with infected ducks being found in a town north of the capital, Manila, according to the BBC....
China denied it encouraged farmers to use a drug meant for humans to stop the spread of bird flu in poultry which could render the medicine useless, but said it would investigate, the AFP news agency ...
The first human case of bird flu was identified in Indonesia after a poultry worker tested positive this month, a World Health Organisation (WHO) official said todau (Thursday), reports the Reuters ne...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review