USA: Birds Eye Foods acquires C&W
US frozen food maker Birds Eye Foods has announced that it has acquired California & Washington Company (C&W), a San Francisco-based marketer of frozen vegetables and fruits.
The company said the transaction expands Birds Eye Foods' presence in the western United States. It added that it will continue to market the company's products under the C&W brand.
"Additionally, we will continue to introduce value-added products and innovative meal solutions, utilising the expertise and capabilities of Birds Eye Foods, to meet the growing demands of consumers for convenient and healthy food products," said Dennis Mullen, Birds Eye Foods' chairman, president and chief executive officer.
Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
Companies: Birds Eye Ltd
It may not be the glamorous end of retailing, but cash & carry is alive and well. Meanwhile consumers who want to buy in bulk without resorting to processed food can visit meal assembly outlets such a...
Children's food is one of the most daunting sectors for any company in the present climate. Rising obesity levels in children are one of the hottest topics in the sector. Is the food industry responsi...
US food company Birds Eye Foods has launched two new premium frozen vegetable lines - Birds Eye Steam & Serve and Herb Garden Collection....
Private equity firm Blackstone is reportedly hoping to create a European frozen food empire through the purchases of businesses being separately sold off by Unilever, Findus and Heinz....
UK-based food ingredients firm Tate & Lyle has announced the appointment of Ian Bacon as chief executive of its European sugars division....
US frozen vegetable producer Birds Eye Foods has reported lower earnings for fiscal 2005, hit by higher costs and competition....
US frozen vegetable company Birds Eye Foods has announced that Neil Harrison will join the company as chairman, president and chief executive officer....
US frozen food company Birds Eye Foods has announced that it has sold its Celaya, Mexico manufacturing facility and all of its equipment to Congelados Don Jose, a Mexican-based vegetable producer....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review