USA: Birds Eye Foods appoints new CEO
US frozen vegetable company Birds Eye Foods has announced that Neil Harrison will join the company as chairman, president and chief executive officer.
He succeeds Dennis Mullen, who is stepping down from active management but is making himself available as a consultant to the company.
Harrison has over 27 years domestic and international food industry marketing, sales and finance experience. He has held increasingly senior positions with Unilever,
General Foods, PepsiCo and Heinz. In 2002 he became executive vice president responsible for the US$3.5bn North America region of Heinz.
Birds Eye Foods, majority owned by private equity firm Vestar Capital Partners, has sales of approximately $900m annually, processing fruits and vegetables in 13 facilities across the country.
The new health consciousness of consumers is believed to be one of the reasons for stagnant value growth of ice cream sales in Western Europe. But with new and unusual combinations of flavours, more p...
H J Heinz Company has announced the appointment of Jane S Miller as president of its UK and Ireland business unit....
Anglo-Dutch food and consumer goods giant Unilever has reported rises in sales and net profit for the first quarter of 2005....
H J Heinz Company has taken a majority stake in Petrosoyuz, a leading Russian maker of ketchup, condiments and sauces....
PepsiCo has lost an attempt at the European Court of Justice (ECJ) to secure full pan-European Union (EU)-trademark rights to its brand 'Ruffles' which it wants for a wide range of food and drink prod...
Unilever Bestfoods, part of Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever, has just opened a European innovation centre for sauces and condiments in Dijon....
Unilever Bestfoods is talking to agencies about handling a relaunch of its Colman's mustard and sauce brand, according to trade magazine Marketing....
US ice cream maker Ben & Jerry's, owned by Anglo-Dutch consumer goods giant Unilever, has said it is introducing three new flavours of ice cream made with Fair Trade coffee....
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Unilever must "speed" response to consumer trends
- just-food's pick: Natural Products Expo top 10
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Future of Retailing in the UK to 2017
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits