USA: Birds Eye Foods exits sauerkraut business
US frozen food manufacturer Birds Eye Foods has announced that it has exited the sauerkraut business. The company said the operating assets and the liabilities of Great Lakes Kraut were transferred to a subsidiary of Wisconsin-based Flanagan Brothers, which had been the joint venture partner of Birds Eye Foods in the sauerkraut business. GLK was formed in 1997 when Birds Eye Foods and Flanagan Brothers contributed the assets of their sauerkraut businesses into GLK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- How Nestle tackles Indian challenges - interview
- Lamb Weston goes it alone: six things to learn
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Mondelez focuses on margins as sales slip
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Meat Processing in China - Industry Market Research Report