USA: Birds Eye Foods exits sauerkraut business
US frozen food manufacturer Birds Eye Foods has announced that it has exited the sauerkraut business. The company said the operating assets and the liabilities of Great Lakes Kraut were transferred to a subsidiary of Wisconsin-based Flanagan Brothers, which had been the joint venture partner of Birds Eye Foods in the sauerkraut business. GLK was formed in 1997 when Birds Eye Foods and Flanagan Brothers contributed the assets of their sauerkraut businesses into GLK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Lactalis fails to hit threshold to delist Parmalat
- US meal delivery service Blue Apron buys BN Ranch
- UK food companies to miss sugar target