UK: Birds Eye mulls pulling elderly fish finger Cap’n from retirement
Birds Eye's handsome sea captain could soon face the boot after failing to appeal to fish finger aficionados. The trendy model, with his designer stubble, was drafted in to widen the appeal of the brand. The company's advertising agency, HHCL, recently admitted however that the ads had failed to make fish fingers "younger and sexier".
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Emmi to buy dessert maker Italian Fresh Foods