USA: Birds Eye to launch reduced-carb varieties in Voila! line
US food company Birds Eye Foods is to introduce its first reduced-carb offering in the frozen complete bag meal category with the launch of five new Birds Eye Voila! varieties later this month.
The new Birds Eye Voila! line is part of a multimillion-dollar investment in growth by Birds Eye Foods.
The company said that research indicates that 38% of adults have adjusted their diets to reduce consumption of carbohydrates over the past 12 to 18 months, but consumers are increasingly shifting to a more balanced approach to meals rather than opting for a protein-only, often high-fat, solution. Birds Eye said its reduced-carb Voila! range is aimed at meeting those needs.
The Birds Eye reduced-carb line includes: Down Home Chicken & Vegetables; Roasted Garlic Chicken & Vegetables; Chicken & Sausage Tuscano; Teriyaki Beef & Vegetables; and Chicken Teriyaki & Vegetables. Each product contains 17 total carbs or less per serving. The 21-oz. bags, with 2-3 suggested servings each, will retail at approximately US$5.19 and will be appearing on store shelves in May 2004.
Companies: Birds Eye Ltd
It may not be the glamorous end of retailing, but cash & carry is alive and well. Meanwhile consumers who want to buy in bulk without resorting to processed food can visit meal assembly outlets such a...
Children's food is one of the most daunting sectors for any company in the present climate. Rising obesity levels in children are one of the hottest topics in the sector. Is the food industry responsi...
US food company Birds Eye Foods has launched two new premium frozen vegetable lines - Birds Eye Steam & Serve and Herb Garden Collection....
Private equity firm Blackstone is reportedly hoping to create a European frozen food empire through the purchases of businesses being separately sold off by Unilever, Findus and Heinz....
UK-based food ingredients firm Tate & Lyle has announced the appointment of Ian Bacon as chief executive of its European sugars division....
US frozen vegetable producer Birds Eye Foods has reported lower earnings for fiscal 2005, hit by higher costs and competition....
US frozen vegetable company Birds Eye Foods has announced that Neil Harrison will join the company as chairman, president and chief executive officer....
US frozen food company Birds Eye Foods has announced that it has sold its Celaya, Mexico manufacturing facility and all of its equipment to Congelados Don Jose, a Mexican-based vegetable producer....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Future trends in natural food to go mainstream
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- France eyes leading role in proteins
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Bakery (UK) - Industry Report
- Redefining Snacks: From Conventional Snacks to Snack Replacements