UK: Biscuit firm Paterson's hopes for NPD boost
Paterson's extends shortbread range
UK shortbread maker Paterson's is hoping to draw more people into the category and broaden its appeal through the launch of more products.
Sales and marketing manager Allan Miller told just-food today (20 June) the company is growing revenue ahead of the category and gaining market share.
According to Miller, that has been achieved through a focus on improving the health credentials of its products and offering them at "great value".
"We have reduced the amount of saturated fat our shortbread," he said. "And the key is to do that while still producing something that tastes like shortbread."
On price, Miller added: "We have moved with the times. Since the economic downturn we have cut the price of all our products to just GBP1... It's about providing great shortbread at great value."
The company now hopes to step up its sales expansion through the launch of two products: a clotted cream shortbread and a shortbread and biscuit assortment.
The products will initially launch in Asda nationwide. Miller said the company hopes to pick up new listings with the other retail multiples.
Doug McMillon may have followed Mike Duke's path at Wal-Mart with the move from head of international to the CEO's office and, in some ways, he has some foundations on which to build the next stage of...
Alvis Brothers Ltd, which trades as Lyle Cross Farms, is expanding its processing capacity in a bid to grow the business in the UK and overseas....
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review