USA: BJ's Wholesale Club plans major expansion in Florida
US grocer BJ's Wholesale Club has revealed that initial projections, on which the scope of its new 500,000 sq ft distribution center in Jacksonville, Florida was determined, were wrong and that greater regional demand has already led to an expansion of the plans for the site. The facility was designed in order to support BJ's regional distribution operations. In two phases, the company now intends to expand the warehouse currently under construction by 1.5m sq ft, thus increasing the regional capacity by 200%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group