USA: BJ's Wholesale reshuffles merchandising personnel
US warehouse club operator BJ's Wholesale Club has announced several changes in merchandising personnel, including the promotion of Brian Riccio to senior vice president, general merchandise manger of fresh food.
The company also said Jim Hilson has been promoted to vice president of global sourcing; and Ross Medeiros has joined the company as vice president, divisional merchandise manager of fresh food, the position formerly held by Riccio.
In his new position, Riccio will be responsible for all perishable food, regional buying and direct store delivery merchandising programmes, reporting to Karen Stout, executive vice president of merchandising.
In his new role, Hilson will be responsible for developing and improving the company's merchandise sourcing capabilities on a worldwide basis for all merchandise categories, also reporting to Stout. Hilson began his career with BJ's in 1986 as general merchandise buyer.
Madeiros joins the company from Shaw's Supermarkets, where he most recently served as vice president, buying and merchandising perishables.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- What Premier CEO Gavin Darby thinks about Brexit
- Quorn CEO sets out stall for 2017 - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Putin 'wants embargo to run as long as possible'
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti