UK: Blair set to claim foot and mouth crisis nearly over, farmers sceptical
UK prime minister Tony Blair is set to announce today that the battle against the foot and mouth virus is nearly over. The announcement will come during Downing Street's first formal press conference on the crisis, which will see Blair joined by agriculture minister Nick Brown, chief vet Jim Scudamore and chief scientific adviser Professor David King. Blair is expected to say: ""It is clear that we are winning the battle against foot-and-mouth. We have the right policy. It is working." It is also thought that he will comment on the effective control of the disease, which has been better handled than in 1967.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review