UK: Blue Dragon launches coconut milk with sliced coconut
UK oriental foods producer G Costa has launched Blue Dragon coconut milk with sliced coconut - the first product on the market to combine the milk with the flesh of the fruit. Demand for coconut milk is growing steadily as consumers gain confidence in their ability to prepare ethnic dishes at home. The market has grown by 23.3% year-on-year to its current value of £3.5m (US$5.09m). In an increasingly competitive climate, Blue Dragon remains the leading brand of coconut milk, accounting for over 50% of sales. Last year the group launched reduced fat coconut milk, which has encouraged new purchasers into the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth