UK: Blue Dragon launches coconut milk with sliced coconut
UK oriental foods producer G Costa has launched Blue Dragon coconut milk with sliced coconut - the first product on the market to combine the milk with the flesh of the fruit. Demand for coconut milk is growing steadily as consumers gain confidence in their ability to prepare ethnic dishes at home. The market has grown by 23.3% year-on-year to its current value of £3.5m (US$5.09m). In an increasingly competitive climate, Blue Dragon remains the leading brand of coconut milk, accounting for over 50% of sales. Last year the group launched reduced fat coconut milk, which has encouraged new purchasers into the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast