UK: Blue Dragon launches coconut milk with sliced coconut
UK oriental foods producer G Costa has launched Blue Dragon coconut milk with sliced coconut - the first product on the market to combine the milk with the flesh of the fruit. Demand for coconut milk is growing steadily as consumers gain confidence in their ability to prepare ethnic dishes at home. The market has grown by 23.3% year-on-year to its current value of £3.5m (US$5.09m). In an increasingly competitive climate, Blue Dragon remains the leading brand of coconut milk, accounting for over 50% of sales. Last year the group launched reduced fat coconut milk, which has encouraged new purchasers into the market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival