Blue Harvest Fisheries acquires High Liner Foods' scallop business
Blue Harvest said scallop business acquisition will "further strengthen" its operations
US group Blue Harvest Fisheries has completed its acquisition of Canada-listed High Liner Foods' scallop business.
Under the terms of the deal, Blue Harvest acquires the assets of High Liner's scallop business, along with its facility in New Bedford, Massachusetts. High Liner receives cash proceeds of US$8m for the business and facility, plus additional amounts for scallop inventories.
In addition, High Liner said it would continue to offer scallops to its customers through a supply agreement with Blue Harvest.
Blue Harvest CEO Jeff Davies said: "High Liner's expertise and distribution capabilities in the frozen scallop market are highly complementary to our existing capabilities. Through this acquisition, we will grow our customer base, increase our portfolio of quality-assured products, and build increased presence in the premium seafood marketplace."
High Liner said in January that it would end production at a leased facility at Malden in Massachusetts as it looked to reduce its "excess capacity" in the country. In February, the firm said it would stop value-added fish operations at its New Bedford facility to reduce excess capacity across its production network in North America.
Blue Harvest was formed last year with the acquisition of eight Virginia-based scallop vessels and related shore assets from US scallop fishing firm Peabody Corporation. Its acquisition of the High Liner asset is the third Blue Harvest has made in 2016.
Fish and Seafood in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2011-15, and forecast to 2020)....
Fish & Seafood North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016 is a comprehensive study outlaying the current market scenario, future prospective and detailed industry insights of Fish & Seafood market in N...
Fish & Seafood Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide_2016 is a comprehensive study outlaying the current market scenario, future prospective and detailed industry insights of Fish & Seafood market...
Technavio's market research analyst expects the global fish and seafood market to multiply, growing at a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period....
Fish & Seafood Global Industry Almanac_2016 is a comprehensive study outlaying the current market scenario, future prospective and detailed industry insights of Fish & Seafood market globally. The stu...
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Nestle India grows with global, digital innovation
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- The promise of fledgling Czech gluten-free market
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Campbell backs US nutrition start-up Habit
- Nestle's Buitoni to remove GMOs
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review