AUSTRALIA: Blue Ribbon set to reopen in February
The former Blue Ribbon abattoir at Smithton is set to reopen this month, offering at least 80 employees their jobs back. The plant is now owned by Greenham Tasmania Pty Ltd . Production is scheduled to commence 25 February. Some 200 cows and bulls will be processed every day. Once operating at full capacity, up to 120 jobs will be available. This should happen within three months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival