AUSTRALIA: Blue Ribbon set to reopen in February
The former Blue Ribbon abattoir at Smithton is set to reopen this month, offering at least 80 employees their jobs back. The plant is now owned by Greenham Tasmania Pty Ltd . Production is scheduled to commence 25 February. Some 200 cows and bulls will be processed every day. Once operating at full capacity, up to 120 jobs will be available. This should happen within three months.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs