USA: Blue Ribbon Smoked Fish Co. recalls White Fish Salad
Blue Ribbon Smoked Fish Co., is recalling its 8 ounce containers of White Fish Salad because they have the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes, an organism which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail elderly people and others with weakened immune systems. Although healthy persons may suffer only short symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, nausea, abdominal pain, and diarrhea. Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women.This product comes in an 8 oz. plastic container with lot #224 on the bottom and with an expiration date of 0918. The product was distributed in New Jersey. No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem. The contamination was noted after routine testing by New York Dept. of Agriculture. Consumers who have purchased these containers should return them to place of purchase for refund. Please call the company if there are any further questions at (718) 251-9100.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Thailand: convenience to continue to thrive
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review