ISRAEL: Blue Square - Israel Ltd. announces second quarter and first six months 2001 results
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) today announced results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2001. Results of the Quarter Revenues for the second quarter of 2001 increased by 5.2% to a record NIS 1,424.1 million(a) (US $341.9 million)(b) from NIS 1,353.2 million in the second quarter of 2000. Revenues for the quarter reflect the contribution of new store branches, as well as the timing of the Passover holiday buying season, which occurred only partially during the second quarter of 2001, as compared to 2000, when the entire Passover holiday season fell during the second quarter. As a result of these factors, together with continued competition in the sector and the opening of new stores by the Company and its competitors, Same Store Sales for the quarter declined by 3.33%, compared to an increase of 2.75% during the second quarter of 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review