ISRAEL: Blue Square - Israel Ltd. announces second quarter and first six months 2001 results
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) today announced results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2001. Results of the Quarter Revenues for the second quarter of 2001 increased by 5.2% to a record NIS 1,424.1 million(a) (US $341.9 million)(b) from NIS 1,353.2 million in the second quarter of 2000. Revenues for the quarter reflect the contribution of new store branches, as well as the timing of the Passover holiday buying season, which occurred only partially during the second quarter of 2001, as compared to 2000, when the entire Passover holiday season fell during the second quarter. As a result of these factors, together with continued competition in the sector and the opening of new stores by the Company and its competitors, Same Store Sales for the quarter declined by 3.33%, compared to an increase of 2.75% during the second quarter of 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- Wessanen eyes growth in "resurgent" organic market
- Unilever launches operational review
- Glanbia focuses on nutrition with Irish dairy spin
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- Mondelez launches savoury snacks brand Vea
- Maple Leaf buys US plant-based group Lightlife