ISRAEL: Blue Square - Israel Ltd. announces second quarter and first six months 2001 results
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) today announced results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2001. Results of the Quarter Revenues for the second quarter of 2001 increased by 5.2% to a record NIS 1,424.1 million(a) (US $341.9 million)(b) from NIS 1,353.2 million in the second quarter of 2000. Revenues for the quarter reflect the contribution of new store branches, as well as the timing of the Passover holiday buying season, which occurred only partially during the second quarter of 2001, as compared to 2000, when the entire Passover holiday season fell during the second quarter. As a result of these factors, together with continued competition in the sector and the opening of new stores by the Company and its competitors, Same Store Sales for the quarter declined by 3.33%, compared to an increase of 2.75% during the second quarter of 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK