ISRAEL: Blue Square - Israel Ltd. announces second quarter and first six months 2001 results
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) today announced results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2001. Results of the Quarter Revenues for the second quarter of 2001 increased by 5.2% to a record NIS 1,424.1 million(a) (US $341.9 million)(b) from NIS 1,353.2 million in the second quarter of 2000. Revenues for the quarter reflect the contribution of new store branches, as well as the timing of the Passover holiday buying season, which occurred only partially during the second quarter of 2001, as compared to 2000, when the entire Passover holiday season fell during the second quarter. As a result of these factors, together with continued competition in the sector and the opening of new stores by the Company and its competitors, Same Store Sales for the quarter declined by 3.33%, compared to an increase of 2.75% during the second quarter of 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: Farmhouse Culture taps gut-health
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action