ISRAEL: Blue Square-Israel Ltd. Reschedules Shareholders Meeting
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE: BSI) today announced that the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders (the "EGM") that was held on August 24, 2000 at 7:30 a.m. (Israel time) resolved to adjourn the EGM. The adjourned meeting was scheduled for September 6, 2000 at 5:00 p.m. (Israel time) at the offices of the Company, 2 Ha'amal Street, Rosh Ha'ain, Israel. The EGM has not discussed or made any resolutions in reference to the matters specified in the proxy statement. The Co-Op Blue Square Consumers' Cooperative Society Ltd. ("Co-Op"), which holds 78.1% of the Company outstanding capital, which voted in favor of the adjournment, explained that it requires additional time in order to review and consider the matters specified in the proxy. Any vote made by proxy to the original EGM will be valid also to the adjourned EGM. Any holder of ordinary shares or of American Depository Receipts issued by The Bank of New York ("BONY") of the Company, may vote in the adjourned EGM by Proxy, if the proxy is received by BONY by August 29, 2000. Blue Square is a leading retailer in Israel. A pioneer of modern food retailing in the region. Blue Square currently operates 167 supermarkets under different formats, each offering varying levels of services and pricing. For more information, please refer to Blue Square's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Brazil seeks to cool concerns over meat probe
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail