ISRAEL: Blue Square-Israel to dual-list shares on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, TASE
Blue Square-Israel Ltd. (NYSE:BSI) yesterday announced that it has filed an application with the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange Ltd. ("TASE") to list its ordinary shares on the TASE. The TASE listing is expected to take effect during the month of November. The listing of Blue Square's ordinary shares on the TASE was facilitated by recent changes in Israeli securities laws and regulations. Israeli companies whose securities are listed on one of the major U.S. stock exchanges are now permitted to list their shares on the TASE through a simple process which bypasses burdensome reporting requirements applicable to companies listed only in Israel, including the need to translate financial reports into Hebrew and to convert dollar-reported financial results into New Israeli Shekels. Commenting on the news, Mr. Yoram Dar, Blue Square's President and CEO, said, "Israel's new dual listing legislation is an historic breakthrough for local capital markets, and we are pleased to be one of the first U.S.-traded Israeli companies to take advantage. Since Blue Square conducts business entirely in Israel, Israeli institutions and individuals are naturally our most interested investors. The TASE listing will make our shares more accessible to local investors, and also to European investors, who will now be able to trade our shares during their normal business hours. As a result, we believe the TASE listing will increase the overall volume of Blue Square share trading, and increase our trading liquidity." Blue Square is a leading retailer in Israel. A pioneer of modern food retailing in the region. Blue Square currently operates 169 supermarkets under different formats, each offering varying levels of services and pricing. For more information, please refer to Blue Square's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Focus: Thai demographics drive health categories
- Interview: Some Foods on rise of low-FODMAP market
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China milk powder arrests prompt Fonterra "review"
- Unilever in continuing price spat with Musgrave
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review