USA: Boards of Grocery Manufacturers of America, Association of Sales & Marketing Companies approve business combination
The Grocery Manufacturers of America (GMA) and the Association of Sales & Marketing Companies (ASMC) stepped closer to a formal alliance between the two associations, with ASMC's Board of Directors voting today to become a subsidiary of GMA. The agreement becomes final after ASMC's membership completes voting on December 31, 2000. The GMA Board of Directors approved the proposed business combination at a board meeting on November 15. ASMC will become a separate entity within GMA, retaining its name, board of directors, and dedicated staff. ASMC will be relocated to GMA's headquarters in Washington, DC in the first quarter of 2001.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- ABF on Brexit, M&A and grocery - interview
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods