USA: Bob Evans Farms announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2001 financial results
Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOBE) today announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and year ended April 27, 2001. Earnings per share for the quarter were $0.34, up 10 percent from $0.31 a year ago and within the range of expectations communicated by the company earlier this year. Operating income was slightly higher in both segments. However, increased costs in the restaurant segment put pressure on margins, and in the food products segment, a decline in comparable pounds sold for the quarter and higher hog costs at the end of the quarter impacted operating income. Earnings per share benefited from a reduced tax rate and the company's ongoing share repurchase program. Net sales for the quarter totaled $251.5 million, up 5 percent from $239.0 million a year ago. For the full fiscal year, net sales rose 6 percent and surpassed $1 billion for the first time in the company's history, while diluted earnings per share were $1.44, up 4 percent from $1.38 in fiscal 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review