USA: Bob Evans Farms announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2001 financial results
Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOBE) today announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and year ended April 27, 2001. Earnings per share for the quarter were $0.34, up 10 percent from $0.31 a year ago and within the range of expectations communicated by the company earlier this year. Operating income was slightly higher in both segments. However, increased costs in the restaurant segment put pressure on margins, and in the food products segment, a decline in comparable pounds sold for the quarter and higher hog costs at the end of the quarter impacted operating income. Earnings per share benefited from a reduced tax rate and the company's ongoing share repurchase program. Net sales for the quarter totaled $251.5 million, up 5 percent from $239.0 million a year ago. For the full fiscal year, net sales rose 6 percent and surpassed $1 billion for the first time in the company's history, while diluted earnings per share were $1.44, up 4 percent from $1.38 in fiscal 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre