USA: Bob Evans Farms announces fourth quarter and fiscal 2001 financial results
Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOBE) today announced financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and year ended April 27, 2001. Earnings per share for the quarter were $0.34, up 10 percent from $0.31 a year ago and within the range of expectations communicated by the company earlier this year. Operating income was slightly higher in both segments. However, increased costs in the restaurant segment put pressure on margins, and in the food products segment, a decline in comparable pounds sold for the quarter and higher hog costs at the end of the quarter impacted operating income. Earnings per share benefited from a reduced tax rate and the company's ongoing share repurchase program. Net sales for the quarter totaled $251.5 million, up 5 percent from $239.0 million a year ago. For the full fiscal year, net sales rose 6 percent and surpassed $1 billion for the first time in the company's history, while diluted earnings per share were $1.44, up 4 percent from $1.38 in fiscal 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report