USA: Boehm promoted to group vice president of Kroger
Mr. Boehm, 54, most recently served as Vice President of Logistics. In his new position, he is responsible for the Company's nationwide distribution system, including facility planning and construction, logistics capital management, supply chain technology, and transportation. He will continue to report to Michael S. Heschel, Kroger executive vice president and chief information officer.
Mr. Boehm joined Kroger in 1981 as Director of Economic Research and Commodity Analysis. In 1986, he was promoted to Vice President of Corporate Planning and Research. Three years later, Mr. Boehm was appointed Vice President of Grocery Procurement. In 1994, he was promoted to Vice President of Logistics. He received his undergraduate degree in agricultural economics from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls and Master's and Doctorate degrees from Purdue University.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, Kroger is one of the nation's largest retail grocery chains. At the end of fiscal 2000, the Company operated 2,354 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under nearly two dozen banners, including Kroger, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, Smith's, King Soopers, Dillon, Fry's, City Market, Food 4 Less and Quality Food Centers. Kroger also operates 789 convenience stores, 398 fine jewelry stores, 77 supermarket fuel centers and 42 food processing plants.
Companies: The Kroger Co
Companies such as Wal-Mart, Carrefour and Tesco have been international retailers for some time, but there is still room for expansion. As competition in established markets gets tougher and tougher, ...
Kroger Cheese Pizza Bites have been recalled due to the inclusion of an undeclared allergen....
Retail grocery chain The Kroger posted a strong sales increase of 7.3%, at US$60.6bn, for the full 2005 financial year....
NuVim, Inc said yesterday that discussions have been underway with the Kroger Company for Kroger to produce and sell NuVim products....
Grocery retailer Kroger has reported net earnings of US$185.4 m for the third quarter ended 5 November 2005. Net earnings in the year-ago period were US$142.7m....
US grocery retailer Kroger has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a preliminary bid for rival Albertson's but said it was committed to its strategy of boosting sales....
US supermarket group Albertsons has reportedly attracted a preliminary takeover bid from rival grocery retailer Kroger....
US natural and specialty foods distributor Tree of Life has announced that it has been unable to reach agreement with US grocery retailer Ralphs on the terms of any future business relationship....
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Analysis: Tyson's shrewd investment in Beyond Meat
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- Bel takes majority stake in MOM Group
- Mars launches Maltesers in the US
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- Metropoulos invests in Utz Quality Foods
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review