FRANCE: Bonduelle H1 up 11.4% on improved European sales
French food producer Bonduelle has posted an 11.4% rise in first half net profit, which increased to EUR17.6m (US$23.47m) on the back of renewed growth in Europe.
Sales in the EU were up 4.6%. The company also reported sustained sales growth in countries outside the EU, which rose 8.2%, despite the very negative effect of foreign exchange rates.
Operating profit was up 7.5%, climbing to EUR31.6m or 5.2% of sales, the food group revealed.
Looking to the full year, Bonduelle said that it expects sales and the operating profit from ordinary activities to climb by around 5% year-on-year.
The company added that synergies with Carrière coupled with strong performance in Canada have led the group to confirm a takeover bid as of July 2007, representing at least 85% of the company.
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Column: Kraft Heinz, Unilever and sustainability
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Unilever 'lining up spreads sale'
- UK own-label firm Park Cakes sold in MBO
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- BRF plant suspended amid bribery allegations
- Brazil giants JBS, BRF probed over alleged bribery