FRANCE: Bonduelle moves into snacking with salads launch
Bonduelle product contains a Bonne Maman dessert
French vegetable processor Bonduelle is diversifying into snacking with a range of salad dishes as it seeks to reduce its dependence on its tinned vegetables business.
The Express Meals range is launched in French supermarkets today (1 April) and offers a selection of four dishes - marinated chicken with tomato tabouli, grilled chicken with pasta, diced ham with gouda and tuna with rice.
Priced at EUR4.85 and packaged in plastic tubs, the meals also comprise a small bottle containing a balsamic olive oil dressing, a slice of crisp bread and a Bonne Maman brand dessert in four flavours - chocolate mousse, apple and pear compote, raspberry delight and caramel cream.
Bonduelle decribes the product as "a complete meal, balanced and tasty and very accessible in price".
Bonduelle is expecting to generate an annual turnover of between EUR4m and EUR5m from the 'Express Meals' in its 2014-2015 financial year.
The range could be launched in Germany and Italy in the next two to three years.
Frozen Food in Spain industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Canned Food in Europe industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descri...
Canned Food in Germany industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains descr...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Frozen Fruits and Vegetables in Thousand Tons by the following Product Segments: Frozen Fruits, and Frozen Vegetables....
Plimsoll’s Spices & Seasonings (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Spices & Seasonings (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a wr...
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Greek crisis: The impact on shopper behaviour
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- Probiotic Ingredients Market by Function, Application, End Use, Ingredient, and by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020