FRANCE: Bonduelle puts the brakes on partnership with France Champignon
French vegetable cannery Bonduelle is to delay its partnership with compatriot mushroom producer France Champignon. According to a company spokesman, the delay is due to "commercial and financial factors". Bonduelle is poised to take a 20% stake in France Champignon which could lead to 500 jobs cuts spread over a period of several years and the closure of two of its canning plants. Apparently the group is now concerned that France Champignon may not be able to offer competitive prices and observe the strict quality criteria and supply security required.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- 2017 - what will shape the UK food sector?
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Food market in 2017: big foodservice trends
- Could BRF's Turkey move pave way for OneFoods IPO?
- Ferrero insists Nutella not pulled from shelves
- Dairy giant Muller appoints new CFO, COO
- Kellogg announces new "nutritious" line-up
- UK's Bakkavor plays down IPO "speculation"
- PepsiCo launches Walkers Mediterranean in UK