FRANCE: Bongrain eyes "traditional" cheese with Terra Lacta deal
French dairy processor Bongrain believes its potential partnership with local co-op Terra Lacta will boost its presence in the market for "traditional" cheeses.
Bongrain and Terra Lacta this week confirmed they do plan to form a "partnership" after months of talks.
The potential nature of the partnership has not been disclosed with the companies set for further talks and a Bongrain spokesperson was coy about the alternatives set for discussion.
However, she told just-food the partnership would benefit both sides. "For Bongrain, it would be in traditional cheese, especially goat's cheese and AOC cheese. We are already in the categories but Terra Lacta has very good knowledge of them, particularly in cheese and butter," the spokesperson said. "It's interesting for Terra Lacta because Bongrain has many R&D advantages and there is also our knowledge of international markets."
French dairy giant Bongrain and local co-op Terra Lacta have signed a memorandum of understanding "specifying the contours" of the partnership announced earlier this year....
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Soda draws fire from food in Mexico obesity battle
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Mondelez CEO Rosenfeld defends moves on costs
- Just Mayo under fire from US FDA after complaint
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- FrieslandCampina H1 earnings up despite flat sales
- Hearthside to buy nutrition bar maker VSI
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Nestle USA, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019