AUSTRALIA: Bonlac Foods posts in H1 net profit of A$59.9m
Melbourne-based dairy concern Bonlac Foods Ltd yesterday [Thursday] reported a net profit of A$59.9m (US$30.9m) for its fiscal first half ended 31 December, up from A$34.2m year on year. During the period, the company was buffeted by a 19% drop in sales to A$472.2m caused by the sale of Bonlac's Spring Valley fruit beverages brand and lower international sales volumes, but the profit increase has been attributed to lower tax (A$3.5m down from A$14m) and continued cost reductions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- B&G acquires pasta sauce group Victoria Fine Foods
- Japan's Nagatanien buys Chaucer Food Group
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund