UK: Boots goes GM-free
UK high street pharmacy and drugstore chain Boots the Chemist has withdrawn from the sale the last of its food products that contained genetically modified soya. Shapers Bacon Bites have been taken off the shelves while a new recipe is developed. In a recent communication, Boots is reported by a GM watchdog site as saying: "We have now sourced a totally GM-free supplier for this product. In the meantime, the current product has been removed from sale pending the launch of the new recipe."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Germany's Haribo plans first US candy plant