USA: Borden Foods announces sale of key businesses to H.J. Heinz
Borden Foods Corporation yesterday announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell two key businesses within the Borden Foods portfolio to the H.J. Heinz Company (NYSE:HNZ). The Borden Foods pasta sauce and soup and bouillon businesses in the U.S., Canada and internationally are being acquired by Heinz, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The transaction includes production facilities in Pennsauken, New Jersey, and Northbrook, Illinois. Aggregate annual sales are approximately $270 million.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Analysis: Post discusses rationale for Weetabix
- Interview: "Disruptive" snack brand Hippeas
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Unilever buys US condiments maker Sir Kensington's
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Dairy dampens Danone in Q1
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre