US: Boulder shares jump after Q4 profit growth
Boulder Brands had a positive fourth quarter
Shares in Boulder Brands climbed today (27 February) after the US company posted a rise in fourth-quarter profits.
Operating income for the period ended 31 December 2013 was up 16.9% at US$13.1m. Net income was up $1.1m to $4.8m.
Non-GAAP operating income, after considering one-off costs including from the Evol Foods acquisition and the move of the Boulder HQ, increased 38.8% at $16.1m
Non-GAAP net income rose to $6.7m from $3.6m.
The improved profits came as Boulder's net sales grew 11% to $125.5m thanks to strong performance in the firm's "natural" division, which includes gluten-free brands Udi's and Glutino
Chairman and CEO Stephen Hughes stated, "We ended the year on a strong note, as we continued to see strong sales momentum in our natural segment and improved profitability in our Smart Balance segment. Our natural segment, which includes the Udi's, Glutino, and Earth Balance brands, represented 65% of our total net sales and reported a strong net sales increase of 34.4%. The natural segment continued to benefit from distribution gains with our gluten-free brands and Earth Balance spreads, nut butters and snacks."
Boulder Brands cut its 2014 financial outlook from $0.39 to $0.44 earnings per share, down from an initial estimare of $0.41-$0.46 earnings per share "to reflect updated estimates for stock-based compensation and depreciation and amortization," the firm said in a statement.
Nevertheless, shares in Boulder were up 3.4% at $14.30 at 14:28 ET.
Click here for the full set of results.
Canadean's "Smart Balance, Inc - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major products and se...
Gluten is a protein composite primarily found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. Gluten-free food is either free of ingredients that contain gluten or does not contain grains that are gluten rich. ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global savory & deli foods market during December 2013. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight int...
From horsemeat to Heinz and from the flurry of M&A in baby food to the continued rise of gluten free, in this end-of-year management briefing, just-food rounds up the stories and issues that dominated...
Snack Foods (Including Chips, Roasted Nuts and Peanut Butter) Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021, NAIC 311910 Vital indust...
Specialty Food Processing, Including Spices, Snack Foods, Chips, Nuts, Coffees and Teas Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021,
Specialty Food Processing, Including Spices, Snack Foods, Chips, Nuts, Coffees and Teas Manufacturing Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue Forecasts to 2021,...
Gluten-free products are slowly becoming a regular grocery item. As large supermarkets and mass retailers focus more on the ‘free-from’ products, sales of gluten-free products in health and natural fo...
- USDA's GMO move may block mandatory labels
- Premier Foods to push on with range revamp
- Why FMCG background key for next Thorntons CEO
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- UK Responsibility Deal must solve credibility gap
- Unilever CFO Jean-Marc Huet stands down
- Mars launches "healthy" snacks Goodnessknows
- Premier Foods sees FY profits fall
- Kerry adds to Mattessons' adult snacking range
- Mondelez to cut jobs at Chicago site
- Mars Inc in Packaged Food (World)
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Chocolate Flavors Market by Application & Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2019
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Chocolate and Confectionery Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details