UK: BPS launches "Select" brand for herbs, spices and seasonings range
British Pepper & Spice (BPS), one of the UK's largest suppliers of herbs, spices and seasonings to the ingredients industry, has launched an extensive range of products under the premium "Select" brand.
The herbs and spices sold under the brand, which number more than 100, have passed through careful selection processes and strict cleaning and quality control procedures.
According to BPS, the total retail herbs, spices and seasonings sector is expected to be worth over £83m (US$120.5m) by 2003. Seasoning blends have driven much of this growth, reporting sales increases of more than 21% from £15.6m in 1999 to £18.9m in 2001. This level of growth is expected to continue, chiefly due to the UK's increasing appetite for convenience foods, coupled with the development of consumers' more adventurous tastes.
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses