UK: Brake Brothers completes majority buy of France's Carigel
Brake Bros plc, a leading food supplier to the UK and French catering industries, has announced the acquisition of two more strategically important regional wholesalers in France, for a total estimated consideration of €23m (US$19.8m), including assumed debt. Brake France has acquired Bianchi Gers and PSM/Jarny, which it says completes its programme of purchasing the majority of the members of the Carigel buying and marketing group. In the process it has acquired a further 16% shareholding in Carigel, giving it a 75% controlling shareholding. Carigel is the fourth largest supplier of frozen and chilled foods to caterers in France.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- 2017: food policy hotspots in the UK, EU and US
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Weetabix takeover talk gathers pace
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Unilever rebrands I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs