UK: Brakes Group appoints new chief executive
UK foodservice company Brakes has announced the appointment of Bill Driscoll as its new group chief executive.
Driscoll joins Brakes from General Electric (GE) where he was vice president and general manager of GE Silicone, a global GE business with a turnover in excess of US$1.3bn.
Ian Player, Brakes' CEO for the past six years, announced in July his plans to retire at the end of the year. He will work closely with Driscoll until his retirement and will remain at Brakes as a non-executive board director.
Brakes is a leading supplier of frozen, chilled and ambient foods to caterers in the UK and France, and has a turnover in excess of £1.4bn (US$2.3bn).
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival