CHINA: Brand competition intensified in Chinese dairy market
As foreign investors begin to buy stakes in established Chinese companies, and domestic operations expand, the major dairy products producers in China are experiencing serious brand competition for the first time. Including Guangming, Sanyuan, Sanlu, Yili and Wandashan, ten major brands control over 50% of the nations milk and 30% of its milk powder. The competition is becoming increasingly intense however as more than 40 joint ventures or wholly owned dairy companies vie for market share.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- Mondelez set for union crosshairs next week
- Mondelez plays down impact of union action