UK: Branston launches supersized baked bean
Branston is preparing to launch Bronston Bloomin' Big Baked Beans, which are made with beans that are at least 50% bigger than regular baked beans.
"They're made with naturally large beans and boast all the healthy goodness of regular beans," said Nick Rabin, Branston marketing manager.
"Traditionally there has been very little innovation in baked beans," Rabin continued. "There's been nothing you'd call groundbreaking since the basic product was introduced more than 100 years ago. Branston Bloomin' Big Baked Beans is the first genuinely new product in the baked beans market, ever!"
Branston Bloomin' Big is being launched as a special edition with a recommended retail price of 49p.
- Danone's Q1: four things to learn
- Who will buy Danone's Stonyfield business?
- Column: Why snacking is the new meal
- Interview: Sir Kensington's on sale to Unilever
- Nestle Q1 update: four things to learn
- Tyson shops Sara Lee bakery, Kettle and Van's
- Nestle to cut UK confectionery jobs
- PepsiCo affirms full-year target as Q1 hits mark
- Icelandic to sell Saucy Fish Co. owner Seachill
- Tyson to buy burger-to-entree firm AdvancePierre