JAPAN: Break a leg! SBMP unveils new customer loyalty move
Beleaguered dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP) is embarking on an unusual move to win back consumer loyalty. Thousands of Japanese consumers have turned their back on the group after a mass food poisoning incident was traced to poor hygiene at a Snow Brand plant in the summer of 2000. And in January of this year a mislabelling scandal came to light at meat processing subsidiary Snow Brand Foods. Home delivery orders of the company's products have plummeted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Focus: Nestle CEO plan to balance sales, earnings
- Does Kraft Heinz want to swallow Unilever whole?
- Will Kellogg's DSD exit help it grow in US snacks?
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Is Mondelez's margin target hurting sales?
- Nestle plans restructuring as 2016 profit misses
- Danone eyes efficiency, agility with new structure
- Kraft Heinz pursuing Unilever in takeover move
- Kraft Heinz returns to organic growth, ups margins
- Aryzta CEO, CFO resign amid strategic review