JAPAN: Break a leg! SBMP unveils new customer loyalty move
Beleaguered dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP) is embarking on an unusual move to win back consumer loyalty. Thousands of Japanese consumers have turned their back on the group after a mass food poisoning incident was traced to poor hygiene at a Snow Brand plant in the summer of 2000. And in January of this year a mislabelling scandal came to light at meat processing subsidiary Snow Brand Foods. Home delivery orders of the company's products have plummeted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- just-food 2017 Survey - your thoughts on growth
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth