JAPAN: Break a leg! SBMP unveils new customer loyalty move
Beleaguered dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP) is embarking on an unusual move to win back consumer loyalty. Thousands of Japanese consumers have turned their back on the group after a mass food poisoning incident was traced to poor hygiene at a Snow Brand plant in the summer of 2000. And in January of this year a mislabelling scandal came to light at meat processing subsidiary Snow Brand Foods. Home delivery orders of the company's products have plummeted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses