JAPAN: Break a leg! SBMP unveils new customer loyalty move
Beleaguered dairy giant Snow Brand Milk Products (SBMP) is embarking on an unusual move to win back consumer loyalty. Thousands of Japanese consumers have turned their back on the group after a mass food poisoning incident was traced to poor hygiene at a Snow Brand plant in the summer of 2000. And in January of this year a mislabelling scandal came to light at meat processing subsidiary Snow Brand Foods. Home delivery orders of the company's products have plummeted.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance