USA: Breakfast can make or break calcium quota
Naturally full of nutrients like heart-healthy potassium, folate and vitamin C, calcium-fortified orange juice now is a contender for the calcium crown. With calcium-fortified orange juice offering as much calcium as milk, demand for this morning favorite is on the upswing. Sales in the calcium-fortified segment of the orange juice category are up 20% and growing. Clearly, this is a welcome new choice for the more than 80% of women who still aren't meeting their calcium requirement, according to the American Dietetic Association.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Analysis: Chocolate sector's deforestation pledge
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- Immigration crackdown "risk" for US dairy industry
- Fonterra cuts earnings forecast
- Unilever invests in Dutch meat substitute project
- General Mills books lower 9M sales and profits