OMAN: BRF acquires AKF stake
BRF eyes Middle East growth
Brazilian food group BRF has acquired a 40% stake in Al Khan Foodstuff, the company that distributes its products in the Sultanate of Oman.
The financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
BRF said the move was "in line" with its global growth strategy. "This acquisition is in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, strengthening BRF's trademarks, distribution and expanding its portfolio of processed products across the Middle East."
In 2014, frozen processed food recorded a current growth rate of 14% in value terms, reaching R$6.2 billion in 2014. Despite of the leadership that Brf Brasil Food has in this category, the competitio...
BRF Brasil launched an innovative flexible plastic packaging under its Sadia Soltíssimo brand in August 2014; its key differential being its ability to preserve chilled meat products for longer. The n...
Nestle this week admitted 3G Capital and Warren Buffett's investments in the food industry had led to "accelerate" efforts to "adjust" its portfolio. The food giant was also one of the companies repor...
- What next for Nestle under new CEO Schneider?
- Unilever is "working harder" in tough environment
- Nestle catering for an ageing global population
- Hemp food sales in the US set for growth
- Brexit and UK food market policymaking
- Unilever sees growth but spreads decline continues
- Job cuts imminent as General Mills restructures
- Campbell's Soup's sustainable growth strategy
- Arla Foods unveils strategy for growth up to 2020
- US demand for organic food exceeding supply