OMAN: BRF acquires AKF stake
BRF eyes Middle East growth
Brazilian food group BRF has acquired a 40% stake in Al Khan Foodstuff, the company that distributes its products in the Sultanate of Oman.
The financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
BRF said the move was "in line" with its global growth strategy. "This acquisition is in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, strengthening BRF's trademarks, distribution and expanding its portfolio of processed products across the Middle East."
In 2014, frozen processed food recorded a current growth rate of 14% in value terms, reaching R$6.2 billion in 2014. Despite of the leadership that Brf Brasil Food has in this category, the competitio...
BRF Brasil launched an innovative flexible plastic packaging under its Sadia Soltíssimo brand in August 2014; its key differential being its ability to preserve chilled meat products for longer. The n...
Nestle this week admitted 3G Capital and Warren Buffett's investments in the food industry had led to "accelerate" efforts to "adjust" its portfolio. The food giant was also one of the companies repor...
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- How Nestle, R&R stand to benefit from ice cream JV
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How Hain is refocusing amid growing competition
- Hain Celestial eyes disposals, forms venture unit
- Kellogg launches Special K breakfast quiches
- Dole faces DoJ probe over listeria outbreak
- Kraft Heinz sees "faster" savings, volume uptick
- Amplify Snack Brands acquires Boundless Nutrition