BRAZIL: BRF earnings jump on sales, margins
BRF earnings rise, targets improved operating results
BRF, the Brazilian food group, has booked a jump in full-year earnings thanks to improved margins and higher sales.
The company said net earnings rose 38% to BRL1.06bn (US$456.5m) in 2013. EBITDA was 37% higher, rising to BRL3.1bn. BRF said it benefited from an improved operating margin, which rose 230 basis points to 10.3%.
During the year, BRF saw a 7% increase in sales, which rose to BRL30.5bn. Gains were driven by higher sales overseas. Exports rose 13% to BRL13.36bn while domestic sales gained 3% to BRL17.16bn.
BRF has embarked on a strategic drive to boost the performance of its meat business. Last October, BRF launched a "business acceleration plan" focusing on four key areas: growing sales, reducing operating costs; reviewing administrative and distribution costs; and improving sourcing efficiency.
"We believe that all the initiatives we have taken involve a process of long term sustainable work. Notwithstanding the fact that this does not always bring immediate results, one of the key targets in our acceleration plan will be to consistently and gradually increase our operating result by BRL1.9bn as from 2016," chairman Abilio Diniz stressed yesterday (27 February).
Earlier this week, BRF said it was "examining strategic alternatives" for its dairy business.
For the full announcement, click here.
Canadean's "BRF S.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Premier Foods CEO expects UK supermarket rebound
- Why Post is increasing its exposure to cereal
- Lacklustre sales see Hershey turn to snacking
- Comment: Tread carefully over payment terms
- Briefing: The risks and rewards of e-tail in China
- Post Holdings strikes deal to acquire MOM Brands
- Hershey to acquire meat jerky firm Krave
- Up & Go breakfast drinks set for UK launch
- Hershey linked to takeover of jerky maker Krave
- Crisp maker Sibell acquires Spain's Celigueta
- 10 Key Trends in Food, Health and Nutrition 2015
- Unilever - Strategy and SWOT Report
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets
- Global Consumer Trend Framework: Understanding Attitudes and Behaviors that Influence Global Consumption Habits
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report