BRF gains export approval to China
BRF sites approved for China export
Three of BRF's production sites have received approval to export meat products to China.
The company said that the Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply (MAPA) published authorization for three plants to begin to export poultry and pork to China. The plants in Toledo, State of Paraná, and in Marau, State of Rio Grande do Sul, are now able to export poultry. The plant in Campos Novos, State of Santa Catarina, is able to export pork.
BRF already has a presence in China with local units based in Hong Kong and Singapore. Expanding its international sales is a key part of BRF's growth strategy and the group has previously indicated that China is one of its key international markets, alongside other parts of Asia, the Middle East and parts of Africa.
"The company emphasises that the authorization is in line with its strategic plan of globalisation by means of reaching local markets, strengthening BRF's brands and distributing and expanding its product portfolio around the globe," BRF said in a statement.
BRF Brasil Foods is continuing with its ongoing structural changes...
Brf Brasil Foods is the result of a merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia...
This week, Bel struck a deal to buy a majority stake in fellow French group MOM Brands. Another French food major, Danone, faced criticism in the US over its plans for GMO ingredients. US snack maker ...
Earlier, halal food were prepared for Muslims, but now they are consumed globally by people of all religions and ethnic backgrounds as they are known for their safety, hygiene, and ethical quality, an...
Ready meals continued to grow in 2015 as consumers sought convenient products as a result of busier lifestyles, particularly in urban areas...
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review