BRAZIL/UAE: BRF ups stake in UAE's Federal Foods
BRF has invested further in UAE's Federal Foods
Brazilian food giant BRF has upped its stake in Federal Foods, a manufacturer based in the United Arab Emirates.
In a filing to the Brazilian stock market, BRF said it had acquired an unspecified stake in dairy-to-meat group Federal Foods for US$27.8m.
BRF snapped up 49% of the business, which is based in Abu Dhabi, for $37.1m in January.
The company said the latest purchase was "in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, through the processing and distribution, strengthening BRF's trademarks and expanding its product portfolio across the Middle East".
Federal Foods portfolio includes a range of frozen, chilled and dry lines. The frozen ranges include products sold under flagship BRF brand Sadia.
Canadean's "BRF S.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Prepared Salads category in Mexico, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable da...
- Mead Johnson wrestles "irrational" Chinese market
- Campbell Soup Co.'s M&A plans should avoid fresh
- On the money: Unilever aims to get food growing
- 10 things to learn: Campbell's plans for growth
- Interview: Seabrook Crisps chief on MBO
- Hain Celestial buys plant-based food firm Mona
- Danone eyes "return to growth" in fresh dairy
- UPDATE: Danone merges Dumex with Mengniu
- Nestle replaces India MD after Maggi scandal
- Post, TreeHouse "in talks over ConAgra own-label"