BRAZIL/UAE: BRF ups stake in UAE's Federal Foods
BRF has invested further in UAE's Federal Foods
Brazilian food giant BRF has upped its stake in Federal Foods, a manufacturer based in the United Arab Emirates.
In a filing to the Brazilian stock market, BRF said it had acquired an unspecified stake in dairy-to-meat group Federal Foods for US$27.8m.
BRF snapped up 49% of the business, which is based in Abu Dhabi, for $37.1m in January.
The company said the latest purchase was "in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, through the processing and distribution, strengthening BRF's trademarks and expanding its product portfolio across the Middle East".
Federal Foods portfolio includes a range of frozen, chilled and dry lines. The frozen ranges include products sold under flagship BRF brand Sadia.
Canadean's "BRF S.A. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company o...
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the conclusion of the migration of industrial units to Marfrig as part of CADE’s (Council of Economic Defense) agreement on the merger process between Sadia and Perdigão, several institutional c...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
- Analysis: Is Heinz, Kraft merger "a growth story"?
- McDonald's antibiotics move may be seminal moment
- M&A Watch: Who could be on 3G Capital's radar?
- Viewpoint: Faber-led Danone gets realistic
- Green Giant talk underlines pressure at Gen Mills
- UPDATE: Heinz, Kraft strike merger agreement
- Kraft "in buyout talks" with Heinz owner 3G
- Heinz to cut 71 jobs at UK plant
- Infographic: Heinz, Kraft unveil combined business
- Buffett: Kraft Heinz to withstand health focus