BRAZIL/UAE: BRF ups stake in UAE's Federal Foods
BRF has invested further in UAE's Federal Foods
Brazilian food giant BRF has upped its stake in Federal Foods, a manufacturer based in the United Arab Emirates.
In a filing to the Brazilian stock market, BRF said it had acquired an unspecified stake in dairy-to-meat group Federal Foods for US$27.8m.
BRF snapped up 49% of the business, which is based in Abu Dhabi, for $37.1m in January.
The company said the latest purchase was "in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, through the processing and distribution, strengthening BRF's trademarks and expanding its product portfolio across the Middle East".
Federal Foods portfolio includes a range of frozen, chilled and dry lines. The frozen ranges include products sold under flagship BRF brand Sadia.
In 2014, frozen processed food recorded a current growth rate of 14% in value terms, reaching R$6.2 billion in 2014. Despite of the leadership that Brf Brasil Food has in this category, the competitio...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- New food waste standard will help monitor progress
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- How to win in Australian gluten-free cereal
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit - Europe's food makers call result "a blow"
- Brexit - Irish food export agency sounds warning
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights