BRAZIL/UAE: BRF ups stake in UAE's Federal Foods
BRF has invested further in UAE's Federal Foods
Brazilian food giant BRF has upped its stake in Federal Foods, a manufacturer based in the United Arab Emirates.
In a filing to the Brazilian stock market, BRF said it had acquired an unspecified stake in dairy-to-meat group Federal Foods for US$27.8m.
BRF snapped up 49% of the business, which is based in Abu Dhabi, for $37.1m in January.
The company said the latest purchase was "in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, through the processing and distribution, strengthening BRF's trademarks and expanding its product portfolio across the Middle East".
Federal Foods portfolio includes a range of frozen, chilled and dry lines. The frozen ranges include products sold under flagship BRF brand Sadia.
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Farmers' groups slam Danone over non-GMO stance
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review