BRAZIL/UAE: BRF ups stake in UAE's Federal Foods
BRF has invested further in UAE's Federal Foods
Brazilian food giant BRF has upped its stake in Federal Foods, a manufacturer based in the United Arab Emirates.
In a filing to the Brazilian stock market, BRF said it had acquired an unspecified stake in dairy-to-meat group Federal Foods for US$27.8m.
BRF snapped up 49% of the business, which is based in Abu Dhabi, for $37.1m in January.
The company said the latest purchase was "in line with BRF's strategic plan to internationalise the company by accessing local markets, through the processing and distribution, strengthening BRF's trademarks and expanding its product portfolio across the Middle East".
Federal Foods portfolio includes a range of frozen, chilled and dry lines. The frozen ranges include products sold under flagship BRF brand Sadia.
Brf Brasil Foods SA is the result of a complex 2009 merger between Perdigão Agroindustrial and Sadia SA. The company has had the benefit of a dynamic domestic Brazilian market which has helped it to g...
After the approval of CADE (Council of Economic Defense) of the merger between Sadia and Perdigão, which led to sales of brands and assets to other companies, Brf Brasil Foods have been focusing in st...
Synopsis The Canadean Global Top 10 Food Companies: Company Guide is a crucial resource for anyone looking to gain information on the top companies in the global food industry. Detailed company profil...
Synopsis The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Prepared Salads category in Mexico, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable da...
- On the money: Hormel still looking for M&A
- Consuming issues: The hunger-obesity paradox
- On the money: Hain expects continued organic gains
- Analysis: Market bets on higher Chiquita offer
- FMCG sales slowing despite economic green shoots
- Fonterra, Beingmate launch infant formula JV
- Switz rejects EU plea to bypass Russia export ban
- Parmalat nears Lacteos Brasil acquisition
- Mondelez eyes snacks categories in India
- Russian government eases ban on food imports