SIAL: Bridgehead Foods targets US for adult cheese snacking
UK cheese producer Bridgehead Foods has said it is targeting expansion in the US, where it hopes to be at the forefront of the cheese adult snacking category.
Bridgehead Foods, which produces cheese products under the Green & Parsons and Chunky Cheese brands, told just-food (22 October) it is attempting to create a new category - adult cheese snacking - which it hopes to take to the US.
The category has already met some success in the UK, where Bridgehead's products are available in major supermarkets including Sainsbury, Tesco and The Co-operative. Bridgehead partner Lorraine Beaton said the US now appears to be ready for adult snacking innovation.
"There is a lot of innovation in cheese snacking for children, but not for adults. We want to offer new flavours and new snacking occasions. What we offer in the UK we will have to adapt, in terms of size and taste, for new markets, but the key is to keep the innovation moving."
Speaking at the SIAL food industry exhibition in Paris, Beaton said the adult snacking category it developing at "a very steady growth rate".
"We know it works. We've had some interest from a Canadian distributor that also distributes in the US so we want to see what we can do. We have done some research on the US market and we see the same opportunities there as there are in the UK."
- Interview: Mondelez eyes sweet success in China
- The benefits of engaging staff in sustainability
- How food companies involve staff in sustainability
- Why Danone is withdrawing Dumex from Vietnam
- How PepsiCo is taking action on palm oil
- 2 Sisters chief Boparan buys Bernard Matthews
- Fonterra says value-added strategy paying off
- B&G Foods acquires ABF's US spice business
- General Mills profit falls as sales disappoint
- MP calls for probe into Bernard Matthews "sale"
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Global Chocolate Confectionery Overview: Challenges, Opportunities and Risks
- Global Foodservice Market 2016-2020
- Global Food and Drinks Closures: Performance and Opportunities
- Fast Food Restaurants in the US - Industry Market Research Report