USA: Bridgford Foods Corporation Announces Results for Second Quarter and First Half of 2000 Fiscal Year
Bridgford Foods Corp. Friday announced an 11.1% increase in sales for the second quarter of its 2000 fiscal year. Sales increased by $3.7 million to $36.8 million in the quarter ended April 28, 2000 compared with the same period last year. Net income in the second quarter decreased 9.3% to $2.4 million when compared with the second quarter of the 1999 fiscal year. The trend of higher costs for pork supplies continued in the second quarter and had an adverse influence on profit margins. Sales for the first 26 weeks of the 2000 fiscal year increased by 10.7% to $77.2 million compared with the same period in 1999 while net income decreased 9.0% to $4.8 million. On Dec. 15, 1999 the company announced the adoption of a stock repurchase plan. The plan authorizes the company to purchase up to 1 million shares (9%) of its outstanding common stock. To date, the company has purchased approximately 547,000 shares on the open market at an average cost of $9.23 per share. Bridgford Foods Corp., a producer of frozen bread dough, microwaveable sandwiches, dry sausages, processed meats, and other convenience food products, currently has 10,823,000 shares outstanding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Analysis: B&G Foods balancing growth and decline
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth