USA: Bridgford Foods Corporation Announces Results for Second Quarter and First Half of 2000 Fiscal Year
Bridgford Foods Corp. Friday announced an 11.1% increase in sales for the second quarter of its 2000 fiscal year. Sales increased by $3.7 million to $36.8 million in the quarter ended April 28, 2000 compared with the same period last year. Net income in the second quarter decreased 9.3% to $2.4 million when compared with the second quarter of the 1999 fiscal year. The trend of higher costs for pork supplies continued in the second quarter and had an adverse influence on profit margins. Sales for the first 26 weeks of the 2000 fiscal year increased by 10.7% to $77.2 million compared with the same period in 1999 while net income decreased 9.0% to $4.8 million. On Dec. 15, 1999 the company announced the adoption of a stock repurchase plan. The plan authorizes the company to purchase up to 1 million shares (9%) of its outstanding common stock. To date, the company has purchased approximately 547,000 shares on the open market at an average cost of $9.23 per share. Bridgford Foods Corp., a producer of frozen bread dough, microwaveable sandwiches, dry sausages, processed meats, and other convenience food products, currently has 10,823,000 shares outstanding.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016