US: Bridgford Foods posts net loss for Q2
Bridgford Foods has reported a net loss of US$273,000 for the second quarter to 20 April, 2007, against net income of $72,000 in the same quarter last year.
The California-based producer of convenience products, such as frozen dough, sandwiches and processed meats, also reported a 1.5% fall in sales for the second quarter to US$27.89m.
Sales for the first six months fell by 4.3% to $60.21m, with the company recording a first-half net loss of $232,000, against a net loss in the first half of last year of $65,000.
The report on the supermarket sector by the UK's Competition Commission has been the subject of considerable discussion in the media in recent weeks with regard to how tough the regulators have been o...
Increasingly hectic lifestyles and cultural changes, such as more women joining the workforce, would be enough to sustain growth in the ready meals market but, writes Emily Woon of Euromonitor Interna...
Health and wellness look set to continue to be key drivers of new product development in the US next year, according to Datamonitor's Productscan Online survey of next year's product trends....
Rising profits from its ingredients business has helped offset a tough year for Greencore's convenience foods business, the company has said....
One of Japan's largest convenience store chains is to begin pricing food differently depending on the economic health of the region individual stores are based in....
European chilled convenience food group Uniq has said it has reached an agreement with Uniq Pension Scheme Trustees Limited regarding a scheme specific funding basis in relation to a valuation of the ...
Spar has been linked with a EUR100m (US$146.8m) bid for the Austrian retail outlets of German conglomerate Tengelmann....
Premier Foods has seen acquisitions boost sales but, in a bid to boost profits from its bakeries business, the UK group said it had again upped its bread prices....
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- PepsiCo sets 2025 nutrition, sustainability goals
- China "transition" drags on Danone Q3
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- CP Foods invests in UK foodservice firm Foodfellas
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review