CHINA: Bright Dairy & Food returns to profit
Bright Dairy suffered in 2008 from melamine crisis
Chinese dairy producer Bright Dairy & Food returned to profit in 2009, having seen 2008 profits dented by lower sales and costs associated with the melamine scandal.
Bright posted a net loss of CNY285.9m (US$41.87m) in 2008, when the group was among the dairy companies to sell products contaminated with the industrial chemical melamine.
In a statement to the Shanghai Stock Exchange on Saturday (30 January), Bright said its improved profitability was the consequence of investments in technology, product restructuring and better management.
The company did not provide details of its 2009 profits, which will be included in the group's annual report for the year.
- Wessanen's move for Spain's Biogran - analysis
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Whole Foods, Aldi, M&S - retail round-up, Nov 2016
- Burger King, Jollibee: foodservice focus, Nov 2016
- General Mills jobs to go in business revamp
- Verlinvest, China Resources invest in Oatly
- Hain Celestial appoints Nestle executive as US COO
- Tyson sets up US$150m investment fund
- Chobani COO Burns to leave yogurt firm
- How Brands Are Making Our Food Healthier
- Confectionery North America (NAFTA) Industry Guide_2016
- Processed Snacks (Savory Snacks) Market in the United States - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics
- Global Dried Processed Food Market 2016-2020
- Frozen Food Production in the US - Industry Market Research Report