CHINA: Bright Dairy plans 40% capacity increase
Bright Dairy to increase capacity
Speaking at a shareholders meeting in New Zealand last month (18 December), Bright Dairy management highlighted areas where it would concentrate its growth efforts. These include increasing the proportion of industrial products with "high added-value" while growing "infant and other nutritional" sales.
"These priorities will be achieved through expansion plans, including lactoferrin production, mixing canned lines and a further 40% increase in production capacity," the company said.
According to a Reuters report yesterday, Bright Dairy plans to invest CNY450m (US$74m) to build dairy farm in Henan province. With food safety concerns of paramount importance in the Chinese dairy sector, a number of domestic companies are moving to an integrated supply chain model in order to ensure the reliability and quality of raw milk supplies.
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
Nestle came under investor scrutiny last week after its sales missed analyst expectations - with China a central factor. Elsewhere, we looked at the international strategy of one of China's largest fo...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Kellogg uses Kashi to finally join party - comment
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit - UK food trade body issues warning
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights