CHINA: Bright Dairy plans 40% capacity increase
Bright Dairy to increase capacity
Speaking at a shareholders meeting in New Zealand last month (18 December), Bright Dairy management highlighted areas where it would concentrate its growth efforts. These include increasing the proportion of industrial products with "high added-value" while growing "infant and other nutritional" sales.
"These priorities will be achieved through expansion plans, including lactoferrin production, mixing canned lines and a further 40% increase in production capacity," the company said.
According to a Reuters report yesterday, Bright Dairy plans to invest CNY450m (US$74m) to build dairy farm in Henan province. With food safety concerns of paramount importance in the Chinese dairy sector, a number of domestic companies are moving to an integrated supply chain model in order to ensure the reliability and quality of raw milk supplies.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
To cope with decreasing net profits in the domestic market, Dongwon F&B Co Ltd made plans to challenge overseas markets such as China or Japan with its representative packaged foods such as canned/pre...
Nestle came under investor scrutiny last week after its sales missed analyst expectations - with China a central factor. Elsewhere, we looked at the international strategy of one of China's largest fo...
- Mondelez results and outlook - 7 things to learn
- Comment: Hain Celestial cognisant of US challenges
- Why Lactalis swooped for Romanian dairy Albalact
- What should you learn from 2015 olive oil prices?
- Can Yildiz's new snacks unit match its ambitions?
- Mondelez continues to see margins up, sales mixed
- Hain Celestial lifted by international, protein
- China eyes further infant formula restrictions
- Coca-Cola to invest in Nigerian dairy group Chi
- Unilever launches eggless Hellmann's mayo in US