CHINA: Bright Dairy plans 40% capacity increase
Bright Dairy to increase capacity
Speaking at a shareholders meeting in New Zealand last month (18 December), Bright Dairy management highlighted areas where it would concentrate its growth efforts. These include increasing the proportion of industrial products with "high added-value" while growing "infant and other nutritional" sales.
"These priorities will be achieved through expansion plans, including lactoferrin production, mixing canned lines and a further 40% increase in production capacity," the company said.
According to a Reuters report yesterday, Bright Dairy plans to invest CNY450m (US$74m) to build dairy farm in Henan province. With food safety concerns of paramount importance in the Chinese dairy sector, a number of domestic companies are moving to an integrated supply chain model in order to ensure the reliability and quality of raw milk supplies.
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
To cope with decreasing net profits in the domestic market, Dongwon F&B Co Ltd made plans to challenge overseas markets such as China or Japan with its representative packaged foods such as canned/pre...
With the popularity of dairy products even in low-tier cities driven by rising disposable incomes, manufacturers are also actively involved in new packaging for new products catering to demand. This p...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Dairy Products market in China to grow at a CAGR of 11.87 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the changing...
- Why Arla upbeat about LatAm prospects
- M&A Watch - Could Cloetta be takeover target?
- Comment: Can Applegate retain trust under Hormel?
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: just-food's pick
- Focus: Why Dairy Crest needs to offload dairies
- Yildiz eyeing further deals - reports
- Weetabix gets new private-equity investor
- PAI, Pamplona "eyeing Bakkavor stake"
- Food industry news of week: GMOs, Arla, Mondelez
- FrieslandCampina ends Bongrain German tie-up
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- The Future of the Ice Cream Market in the United Kingdom to 2019
- Successful New Product Development Strategies in the Food, Drinks and Personal Care Market
- Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd in Retailing (Hong Kong, China)
- Pizza Delivery & Takeaway in the UK - Industry Market Research Report