UK: Bright Food acquires Australian dairy Mundella - report
Bright "increasing presence in Australian dairy sector"
Chinese food giant Bright Food has reportedly snapped up a stake in Australian dairy Mundella Foods.
According to the Western Australian, the deal - which is yet to be confirmed - was foreshadowed by a shake-up in Mundella's management. Australian Securities and Investments Commission filings confirm that Mundella appointed directors from Manassen Foods, a Sydney-based dairy in which Bright holds a 75% stake.
Mundella is a dairy farming business that manufactures various probiotic products, including yoghurts and speciality cheeses. The group does not publish details of its production volumes or financial results.
Along with other Chinese dairy majors, Bright Food would appear to be working to increase its footing in the Australian dairy sector.
Chinese dairy makers are attempting to increase their exposure to Australian raw milk and processed dairy products in response to growing consumer demand on the mainland. The Australian dairy industry benefits from its geographical proximity and reputation for being a safer alternative to Chinese dairy products, which have been plagued by safety scares.
Bright Foods and Mundella were unavailable for comment at time of press.
Chinese food giant Bright Food Group is reportedly planning to list its Australian unit, Manassen Foods, this year....
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
Nestle came under investor scrutiny last week after its sales missed analyst expectations - with China a central factor. Elsewhere, we looked at the international strategy of one of China's largest fo...
- Price an underlying tension across European FMCG
- Danone's Q3 sales - what the analysts say
- Interview: UK trade body on Brexit's policy impact
- Interview: UK trade body on the impact of Brexit
- It won't just be Unilever to push for Brexit hikes
- Nestle lowers outlook on "softer environment"
- UK announces "action plan" to drive food exports
- Kraft Heinz: Innovation more important than ever
- Online snack seller Graze makes US retail debut
- Abbott sees international nutrition sales fall
- The Big 15: Strategies and Priorities of Top Packaged Food Players in Comparison
- Omega-3 in Food and Beverage:Time for a Reboot?
- Global Food Packaging: Innovating for Greater Convenience and Quality Image
- Packaged Food: Quarterly Statement Q3 2016
- Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review