UK: Bright Food acquires Australian dairy Mundella - report
Bright "increasing presence in Australian dairy sector"
Chinese food giant Bright Food has reportedly snapped up a stake in Australian dairy Mundella Foods.
According to the Western Australian, the deal - which is yet to be confirmed - was foreshadowed by a shake-up in Mundella's management. Australian Securities and Investments Commission filings confirm that Mundella appointed directors from Manassen Foods, a Sydney-based dairy in which Bright holds a 75% stake.
Mundella is a dairy farming business that manufactures various probiotic products, including yoghurts and speciality cheeses. The group does not publish details of its production volumes or financial results.
Along with other Chinese dairy majors, Bright Food would appear to be working to increase its footing in the Australian dairy sector.
Chinese dairy makers are attempting to increase their exposure to Australian raw milk and processed dairy products in response to growing consumer demand on the mainland. The Australian dairy industry benefits from its geographical proximity and reputation for being a safer alternative to Chinese dairy products, which have been plagued by safety scares.
Bright Foods and Mundella were unavailable for comment at time of press.
To cope with decreasing net profits in the domestic market, Dongwon F&B Co Ltd made plans to challenge overseas markets such as China or Japan with its representative packaged foods such as canned/pre...
Chinese food giant Bright Food Group is reportedly planning to list its Australian unit, Manassen Foods, this year....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global dairy food market during June 2014. Summa...
This week, Turkey's Yildiz Holding struck a deal - said to be over GBP2bn - to buy United Biscuits and the Turkish group's CEO took to Twitter to hail the agreement. Meanwhile, German dairy giant Mull...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global ice cream market during June 2014. Summar...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global soy products market during May 2014. Summ...
- Challenges for General Mills with The Good Table
- Greek crisis - The impact on shopper behaviour
- What US companies might Nomad Foods buy?
- Why investors are concerned about water risk
- Competition intensifies among UK burger chains
- Mitsubishi buys stake in Olam International
- B&G Foods "front-runner for Green Giant"
- Arla strikes JVs in Nigeria and Senegal
- KitKat to go sustainably sourced cocoa only
- Industry news of week - Green Giant, Just Mayo
- Management briefing: just-food’s industry outlook for 2015
- Food Flavourings & Colourings (UK) - Industry Report
- Biscuit Manufacturers (UK) - Industry Report
- Bakery Market in Japan: Forecast, and Market Analysis 2015-2019
- The Coca-Cola Company : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis