INDIA: Britannia 9M sales, earnings rise
Earnings, sales rise at Britannia
Britannia Industries has booked a jump in sales and earnings during the first nine months of its financial year.
In the period to 31 December, Britannia said net sales rose to INR505bn (US$8.1bn), up 12.2% from INR449.8bn in the comparable period of last year.
Operating income in the nine months increased to INR39.7bn, compared to INR22.2bn. According to the company's income filing, margins improved 250 basis points despite an increased investment in advertising and marketing.
Net earnings surged 71% to INR28.7bn from INR16.7bn.
Click here for the earnings statement from Britannia.
Britannia Industries Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Over the review period, Britannia increased its presence in dairy, thereby diversifying its product portfolio beyond bakery (including biscuits, cakes and bread). This was due to its sustained efforts...
Indian biscuit manufacturer Britannia Industries has confirmed strike action by contract labour has hit production at a factory in Delhi....
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Energy Bars category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, pr...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Savoury Biscuits category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values at segment level. It also provides indispensable data on dis...
- BRICs: The thinking behind Mondelez's Vietnam deal
- Interview part 1: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- Prospects for protein: Snacks growth to continue
- Comment: Why Gardein is Pinnacle's ideal fodder
- Deal or no deal: Should Danone buy Mead Johnson?
- 2 Sisters Food Group posts higher annual losses
- Kellogg trumps Abraaj bid for Bisco Misr
- Bird flu leads Dutch to stop poultry distribution
- Live blog: Food Matters Live
- Arla eyes infant formula firms with lactose plant
- Energy Bars Market in Canada: Market Profile to 2017
- The Snackification of Breakfast
- Dairy Product Production in China
- PepsiCo, Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report