INDIA: Britannia 9M sales, earnings rise
Earnings, sales rise at Britannia
Britannia Industries has booked a jump in sales and earnings during the first nine months of its financial year.
In the period to 31 December, Britannia said net sales rose to INR505bn (US$8.1bn), up 12.2% from INR449.8bn in the comparable period of last year.
Operating income in the nine months increased to INR39.7bn, compared to INR22.2bn. According to the company's income filing, margins improved 250 basis points despite an increased investment in advertising and marketing.
Net earnings surged 71% to INR28.7bn from INR16.7bn.
Click here for the earnings statement from Britannia.
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
- Work on sugar could stir more clean-label concerns
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Rise of prepared foods in US grocers - analysis
- Hershey results, outlook, M&A - the top takeaways
- How are brands organising for e-commerce?
- Nestle, R&R Ice Cream finalise joint venture plans
- Hershey buys company behind BarkThins brand
- Fazer buys European biscuit brands from Mondelez
- Mondelez sees stronger margins, LFL growth
- Young's eyeing new channels, M&A