INDIA: Britannia 9M sales, earnings rise
Earnings, sales rise at Britannia
Britannia Industries has booked a jump in sales and earnings during the first nine months of its financial year.
In the period to 31 December, Britannia said net sales rose to INR505bn (US$8.1bn), up 12.2% from INR449.8bn in the comparable period of last year.
Operating income in the nine months increased to INR39.7bn, compared to INR22.2bn. According to the company's income filing, margins improved 250 basis points despite an increased investment in advertising and marketing.
Net earnings surged 71% to INR28.7bn from INR16.7bn.
Click here for the earnings statement from Britannia.
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
- Murray Goulburn's FY results - 7 things to learn
- Why Jet.com purchase could boost Wal-Mart online
- Interview, part 1: Emmi CEO Urs Riedener
- Nestle on China, candy, nutrition - analysis
- England child obesity plan should cheer industry
- Australia launches dairy sector probe
- Mondelez buys rest of Vietnam snacks business
- Tyson faces investor scrutiny on ethical issues
- Arla points to branded growth as group sales slide
- Nomad Foods touts progress as H1 results worsen