INDIA: Britannia 9M sales, earnings rise
Earnings, sales rise at Britannia
Britannia Industries has booked a jump in sales and earnings during the first nine months of its financial year.
In the period to 31 December, Britannia said net sales rose to INR505bn (US$8.1bn), up 12.2% from INR449.8bn in the comparable period of last year.
Operating income in the nine months increased to INR39.7bn, compared to INR22.2bn. According to the company's income filing, margins improved 250 basis points despite an increased investment in advertising and marketing.
Net earnings surged 71% to INR28.7bn from INR16.7bn.
Click here for the earnings statement from Britannia.
Cookies also commonly known as biscuits are a type of bakery products which are sweet in taste. The Global Cookies market report excludes savory or salted biscuits and considers only the sweet biscuit...
- Rabobank's early view on Brexit impact on food
- How local model protects Nestle - interview
- Quorn Foods confident in prospects - interview
- Brexit sparks uncertainty for UK food - comment
- Nestle's focus on food for health - interview
- Nestle names new CEO
- Brexit – Live reaction from food industry
- Healthier food a major opportunity for food makers
- Brexit – UK farmers warn of food price spike
- Brexit – US confirms commitment to TTIP with EU
- Frozen Bakery Products Market by Type, Distribution Channel, & by Region - Global Trends & Forecast to 2020
- Top Trends in Snacks, Confectionery, and Desserts; Exploring consumer and innovation trends in key categories
- Fast Food in India
- Country Analysis Report: Saudi Arabia, In-depth PESTLE Insights
- Singapore Food and Drink Report Q3 2016