INDIA: Britannia 9M sales, earnings rise
Earnings, sales rise at Britannia
Britannia Industries has booked a jump in sales and earnings during the first nine months of its financial year.
In the period to 31 December, Britannia said net sales rose to INR505bn (US$8.1bn), up 12.2% from INR449.8bn in the comparable period of last year.
Operating income in the nine months increased to INR39.7bn, compared to INR22.2bn. According to the company's income filing, margins improved 250 basis points despite an increased investment in advertising and marketing.
Net earnings surged 71% to INR28.7bn from INR16.7bn.
Click here for the earnings statement from Britannia.
Britannia Industries Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ser...
Britannia Industries Limited (BRITANNIA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has bee...
Over the review period, Britannia increased its presence in dairy, thereby diversifying its product portfolio beyond bakery (including biscuits, cakes and bread). This was due to its sustained efforts...
The report presents detailed data on consumption trends in the Energy Bars category in India, analyzing consumption volumes and values. It also provides indispensable data on distribution channels, pr...
- Focus: Danone CEO Faber puts stamp on business
- Cleaning up Tesco will have mixed supplier impact
- General Mills US "priority" categories gain share
- The just-food interview: Doux CEO Arnaud Marion
- Interview part 2: BRF CFO Augusto Ribeiro
- General Mills outlines "aggressive" NPD drive
- Coles supplier payments broke competition law
- Kraft to reappraise business, says new CEO Cahill
- General Mills earnings drop one-third
- PepsiCo opens snacks plant in Saudi Arabia