INDIA: Britannia Biscuits sales rise 17%, profits 27%
Britannia Industries , still popular as Britannia Biscuits, has maintained its upward curve. Sales for the last quarter grew 17 % from US$58m to US$68m, and post-tax profit 27% from US$2.6m to US$3.3m - this despite higher excise duties of US$5m. Britannia is the first or second player in most product categories, including biscuits, where its main competitor is
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Unilever 2016 investor day - the top takeaways
- Have food promotions reached tipping point?
- The key questions for digital strategists in 2017
- How Tyson's new CEO plans to grow the meat group
- Mondelez goes beyond certified cocoa - analysis
- Nestle unveils process to cut sugar by 40%
- Unilever sets new margin target with help from ZBB
- Unilever focuses on "value" of spreads arm
- Amnesty - Global brands profit from labour abuses
- McCormick to buy flavours business Enrico Giotti