INDIA: Britannia Biscuits sales rise 17%, profits 27%
Britannia Industries , still popular as Britannia Biscuits, has maintained its upward curve. Sales for the last quarter grew 17 % from US$58m to US$68m, and post-tax profit 27% from US$2.6m to US$3.3m - this despite higher excise duties of US$5m. Britannia is the first or second player in most product categories, including biscuits, where its main competitor is
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Why personalisation will take-off in US food
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Interview: The Soulfull Project's mission
- General Mills sales woes continue - analysis
- Post Holdings 'close to acquiring Weetabix'
- Kraft Heinz cuts jobs in US, Canada
- UK, EU food faces "more costly" trade, warns study
- Recipe-kit firm HelloFresh launches into UK retail
- UK sets 20% sugar cut guidelines for food industry