INDIA: Britannia Biscuits sales rise 17%, profits 27%
Britannia Industries , still popular as Britannia Biscuits, has maintained its upward curve. Sales for the last quarter grew 17 % from US$58m to US$68m, and post-tax profit 27% from US$2.6m to US$3.3m - this despite higher excise duties of US$5m. Britannia is the first or second player in most product categories, including biscuits, where its main competitor is
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- 2017: three major drivers of M&A strategy
- Comment: Premier has more to ponder than Brexit
- The food market in 2017 - consumer trends and M&A
- Food market in 2017: need-to-know US trends
- Trump seen as negative for global food trade
- Premier Foods issues profit warning
- Nestle mum on Mead Johnson takeover talk
- Mondelez sells Vegemite to Bega
- Kellogg to slash 250 jobs
- Lindt sees FY sales acceleration on Europe growth