INDIA: Britannia Biscuits sales rise 17%, profits 27%
Britannia Industries , still popular as Britannia Biscuits, has maintained its upward curve. Sales for the last quarter grew 17 % from US$58m to US$68m, and post-tax profit 27% from US$2.6m to US$3.3m - this despite higher excise duties of US$5m. Britannia is the first or second player in most product categories, including biscuits, where its main competitor is
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-food gives you the widest food market coverage.
Paid just-food members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Dean Best, editor of just-food
- CAGNY analysis: Danone's growth strategy
- How General Mills plans to grow - CAGNY
- US food next wave on display at Winter Fancy Food
- Comment: Meal kits in US - don't believe the hype
- Interview: A2 Milk Co. chair firm's rapid rise
- Unilever launches operational review
- Unilever 'giving serious thought to split'
- Nestle launches global sugar target
- Bonduelle to buy US produce group Ready Pac Foods
- ABF sees further grocery revival